In the last week, 19 states reported new Zika virus cases to the CDC, bringing to total number of cases in the 50 states to more than 750. The CDC also confirmed a case in Pennsylvania that is the first known Zika infection occurring in a laboratory.
As of June 15, 2016 (5 am EST)
- Zika virus disease and Zika virus congenital infection are nationally notifiable conditions.
- This update from the CDC Arboviral Disease Branch includes provisional data reported to ArboNET for January 01, 2015 – June 15, 2016.
- Locally acquired mosquito-borne cases reported: 0
- Travel-associated cases reported: 755
- Laboratory acquired cases reported: 1
- Total: 756
- Sexually transmitted: 11
- Guillain-Barré syndrome: 3
- Locally acquired cases reported: 1,436
- Travel-associated cases reported: 4
- Total: 1,440
- Guillain-Barré syndrome: 6