See which hospitals made the cut for the top 50 and top 100 in the country.
Healthgrades recently released its America’s Best Hospitals for 2017, naming America’s Top 50 Hospitals and America’s Top 100 Hospitals.
According the Healthgrades, the top 50 hospitals are in the top 1% of hospitals in the nation for providing overall clinical excellence across a broad spectrum of conditions and procedures consistently for at least six consecutive years. The top 100 are in the top 2% of hospitals in the nation for exhibiting clinical excellence for at least three consecutive years.
“These hospitals exhibit exceptional, comprehensive, and consistent quality year over year. Simply put, patients are more likely to have a successful treatment without major complications—and have a lower chance of dying—at America’s Best Hospitals,” says the report.
Below is a list of the top 50 hospitals. Click on each one to see more in-depth ratings.
- Banner Estrella Medical Center
- Dignity Health – Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Mayo Clinic Hospital
- Cedars – Sinai Medical Center
- Eden Medical Center
- Hoag Hospital Newport Beach
- Huntington Memorial Hospital
- John Muir Medical Center – Walnut Creek
- Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills Medical Center
- Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
- Mills Health Center
- Saddleback Memorial Medical Center- Laguna Hills
- Scripps Green Hospital
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center
- Centura Health – Penrose Saint Francis Health Services
- St. Francis Medical Center
- North Colorado Medical Center
- Saint Joseph Hospital
- Advocate Christ Hospital and Medical Center
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center
- Carle Foundation Hospital
- Palos Community Hospital
- Presence Resurrection Medical Center
- St. Alexius Medical Center
- Beaumont Hospital – Troy Campus
- Holland Hospital
- Providence-Providence Park Hospital, Southfield Campus
- Spectrum Health Medical Center – Butterworth Hospital
- Spectrum Health – Blodgett Hospital
- Aurora Saint Lukes Medical Center
- Aurora Sinai Medical Center
- Saint Lukes Medical Center
- Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center
States not receiving any votes: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming.