Join us Monday, November 27 at 3:00pm ET / Noon PT for a live, interactive tweetchat with former AACE president, Yehuda Handelsman, MD, FACP, FACE, FNLA. Topics to be discussed include:
- How heart disease presents in people with type 2 diabetes.
- What contributes to the development of heart and vascular disease in diabetes.
- Current treatment recommendations to reduce cardiovascular disease in people with diabetes.
- What makes comprehensive management of patients with diabetes and heart disease particularly challenging.
- How these obstacles can be overcome, including what works and how medication adherence can be improved.
- Controversial topics surrounding glucose, lipid, and cardiovascular risk management in patients with diabetes and heart disease.
- The current status of the safety of medications for hyperglycemia and whether or not clinicians should stop prescribing them.
- Key outcome trials that may impact guidelines and clinical practice in diabetes and cardiovascular disease management.
- How should diabetes be managed in this Cardiovascular Outcome Trial (CVOT) era?
- How clinicians can learn more about outcomes of cardiovascular trials and their impact on managing diabetes in patients with heart disease.
- Whit it’s important to have a special conference dedicated to diabetes, obesity, insulin resistance & cardiovascular disease.
How to Join the Chat
- Log into your Twitter account. Don’t have an account? Where have you been?! Just kidding, we don’t judge, but you should get one! It’s easy to create, and free. You’ll be glad you did.
- A couple minutes before 3:00pm ET on November 27, Search Twitter (top right of every Twitter page) for #PWChat.
- On the search results page, click LATEST at the top left. This will show you all the latest tweets using the #PWChat hashtag. The page will automatically update every couple minutes (or you can refresh), letting you know how many new tweets there are using the #PWChat hashtag.
- Answer questions, reply to other’s comments, or make a comment of your own as much and as often as you like. Just make sure to leave room in include #PWChat to make sure what you tweet is included in the chat. Otherwise, it won’t be seen.
Dr. Handelsman is a former president of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, an endocrinologist in private practice, and the medical director and principal investigator of the Metabolic Institute of America.
Additionally, Dr. Handelsman will chair the 15th annual World Congress on Insulin Resistance, Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease, being held Nov. 30 – Dec. 2 in Los Angeles. WCIRDC is the premiere global meeting dedicated to diabetes, obesity, lipids, cardiovascular disease, and energy balance, linking basic research to clinical practice
Additionally, Dr. Handelsman was the co-chair of the 1st Annual HEART iN DIABETES conference, held July 14-16 in Philadelphia. The meeting focused on where the heart, kidney, and diabetes meet in clinical practice.