Join us February 13 at 3:00PM EST for part a live, interactive tweetchat with Molly Rutherford, MD, MPH, FASAM, (@UnbridledMd) on what you and your patients need to know about direct primary care. Points to be discussed are subject to change but will likely include:
- What exactly direct primary care is and what sets it apart from traditional primary care.
- What differentiates direct primary care from concierge, or VIP, medicine.
- Whether or not it is unfair to claim that direct primary care caters to wealthy, health patients and why.
- What Dr. Rutherford believes makes direct primary care preferable to urgent care/minute clinics/convenience clinics as well as to telemedicine.
- Whether or not specialties other than primary care can adopt a direct primary care model, and if so, how.
- What makes direct primary care, according to Dr. Rutherford, an ideal option to help address physician burnout in traditional primary care.
- Other issues of traditional primary care that direct primary care can/does help address and how.
How to Join the Chat
- Log into your Twitter account. Don’t have an account? Where have you been?! Just kidding, we don’t judge, but you should get one! It’s easy to create, and free. You’ll be glad you did.
- A couple minutes before the chat, Search Twitter (top right of every Twitter page) for #PWChat.
- On the search results page, click Latest at the top left. This will show you all the latest tweets using the #PWChat hashtag. The page will automatically update every couple minutes, letting you know how many new tweets there are using the #PWChat hashtag.
- Answer questions, reply to other’s comments, or make a comment of your own as much and as often as you like. Just make sure to leave room in include #PWChat to make sure what you tweet is included in the chat. Otherwise, it won’t be seen.
- While you’re at it, be sure to follow @physicianswkly and @UnbridledMd!