: The aim of this study was to determine the knowledge, attitudes, and practices of family physicians and pediatricians in regard to adolescent immunization.: The study was conducted from March to May 2017. A total of 665 physicians participated. Participants were asked 31 questions about their personal sociodemographic characteristics and their knowledge, attitudes, and practices around adolescent immunization.: The study sample consisted of 348 family physicians (52.3% of the sample) and 317 pediatricians (47.7%). The results showed that 5.4% of family physicians and 10.4% of pediatricians thought that they had enough knowledge about adolescent immunization ( < .01). Overall, 15.8% of family physicians and 12.7% of pediatricians provided adolescents with information about vaccines 'always/most of the time'. A variety of reasons for not providing information about adolescent vaccines was provided, including 'inability to allocate time' (50.2% of family physicians, 69.3% of pediatricians); 'forgetfulness' (34.8% of family physicians, 28.5% of pediatricians); 'lack of knowledge about vaccines' (34.1% of family physicians, 27.4% of pediatricians); and 'no need to immunize adolescents' (15.7% of family physicians, 6.5% of pediatricians) ( < .01). HPV immunization was recommended only to girls by 30.5% of family physicians and 38.8% of pediatricians ( < .01). The percentages of family physicians and pediatricians not recommending that adolescents be immunized with the Tdap vaccine were 53.4% and 42.6%, respectively ( = .016). Meningococcal immunization was not recommended by 20.7% of family physicians and 11.4% of pediatricians ( < .01), and influenza immunization was not recommended by 10.3% of family physicians and 8.2% of pediatricians ( < .01).: Family physicians and pediatricians in Turkey have low rates of recommendation of immunization to adolescents. Reasons for not recommending immunization include an inability to allocate time, forgetfulness, and lack of knowledge about vaccines. We conclude that educational programs should be used to improve knowledge of adolescent immunization among family physicians and pediatricians.
Restricted access to innovative surgical technic related to a specific training, is it ethical? Example of the PIPAC procedure. A systematic review and an experts survey.
August 3, 2020
Extracellular Vesicles from Human Cardiovascular Progenitors Trigger a Reparative Immune Response in Infarcted Hearts.
February 13, 2020
Analysis of spontaneous, user-generated data about gestational diabetes on online forums: implications for diabetes prevention.
June 25, 2020
- ACC 2020The American College of Cardiology decided to cancel ACC.20/WCC due to COVID-19, which was scheduled to take place March 28-30 in Chicago. However, ACC.20/WCC Virtual Meeting continues to release cutting edge science and practice changing updates for cardiovascular professionals on demand and free through June 2020.
- CROI 2020Every year, CROI hosts some of the world's leading experts in HIV research, who come to present exciting new data and drive forward the field of HIV/AIDS research. This year, due to COVID-19, CROI held their meeting virtually.