To study the impact of dose modification and temporary interruption of ibrutinib in routine clinical practice, we conducted a retrospective study of consecutive CLL patients treated with ibrutinib outside the context of a clinical trial at Mayo Clinic, (Rochester, MN) from 11/2013 to 12/2017. Of 209 patients, 131 (74%) had unmutated IGHV, 38 (20%) had TP53 disruption, and 47 (22%) were previously untreated. A total of 87/209 (42%) patients started reduced dose ibrutinib (<420 mg daily; n = 43, physician preference; n = 33, concomitant medications; and n = 11, other). During 281 person-years of treatment, 91/209 patients had temporary dose interruption (54%, nonhematologic toxicity; 29%, surgical procedures; 10%, hematologic toxicity; and 7%, other). After a median follow-up of 24 months, the estimated median event-free survival (EFS) was 36 months, and median overall survival (OS) was not reached. On multivariable analyses, temporary ibrutinib interruption (hazard ratio [HR]: 2.37, P = .006) and TP53 disruption at ibrutinib initiation (HR: 1.81, P = .048) were associated with shorter EFS, whereas only TP53 disruption (HR: 2.38, P = .015) was associated with shorter OS. Initial ibrutinib dose and dose modification during therapy did not appear to impact EFS or OS. These findings illustrate the challenges associated with continuous oral therapy with ibrutinib in patients with CLL.© 2020 The Authors. Cancer Medicine published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
Neurological disease in adults with Zika and chikungunya virus infection in Northeast Brazil: a prospective observational study.
September 21, 2020
Remote wireless vital signs monitoring on the ward for early detection of deteriorating patients: A case series.
February 28, 2020
Hypotonic Low Esophageal Sphincter Is Not Predictive of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease After Sleeve Gastrectomy.
February 10, 2020
- ASCO – Lung CancerASCO.20 Virtual Scientific Program, held May 29 - 31, brought professionals from all over the world together to hear the brightest minds in oncology present state-of-the-art treatment modalities and new therapies.
- AACR-2020The American Association for Cancer Research is the world's oldest and largest professional association related to cancer research.
- ACC 2020The American College of Cardiology decided to cancel ACC.20/WCC due to COVID-19, which was scheduled to take place March 28-30 in Chicago. However, ACC.20/WCC Virtual Meeting continues to release cutting edge science and practice changing updates for cardiovascular professionals on demand and free through June 2020.
- ASCO 2019The 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting, taking place May 31-June 4 in Chicago, will bring together more than 32,000 oncology professionals from across the globe. The theme of this year’s conference is Caring for Every Patient, Learning From Every Patient.