As early detection and advances in the treatment for renal cell carcinoma continue to lead to excellent oncologic outcomes, the preservation of renal function in kidney cancer patients has emerged as an increasingly important clinical objective. Given that diabetes, hypertension, obesity, cigarette smoking, and aging are independent risk factors for renal cell carcinoma, the corresponding non-neoplastic kidney diseases frequently are present, but often undiagnosed. In addition, the subsequent clinical management of the ensuing chronic kidney disease historically has not included nephrologists. Awareness of these practice gaps remain low among nephrologists, surgeons, and pathologists. This article discusses the common non-neoplastic kidney diseases that are encountered in cancer nephrectomy specimens. The accurate and timely diagnosis of these disorders will result in additional gains in clinical outcomes. There is a unique opportunity for the nephrology community to play a central role in the management of chronic kidney disease that often is present in kidney cancer patients.Copyright © 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
[Effect of the focal adhesion kinase inhibitor TAE226 on the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human oral squamous cell carcinoma cell line].
February 18, 2020
March 11, 2019
- ASCO – Lung CancerASCO.20 Virtual Scientific Program, held May 29 - 31, brought professionals from all over the world together to hear the brightest minds in oncology present state-of-the-art treatment modalities and new therapies.
- AACR-2020The American Association for Cancer Research is the world's oldest and largest professional association related to cancer research.
- ACC 2020The American College of Cardiology decided to cancel ACC.20/WCC due to COVID-19, which was scheduled to take place March 28-30 in Chicago. However, ACC.20/WCC Virtual Meeting continues to release cutting edge science and practice changing updates for cardiovascular professionals on demand and free through June 2020.
- ENDO: 2020ENDO 2020 Annual Conference has been canceled due to COVID-19. Here are highlights of emerging data that has still been released. Keep an eye out for ENDO Online 2020, which will take place from June 8 to 22.
- ASCO 2019The 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting, taking place May 31-June 4 in Chicago, will bring together more than 32,000 oncology professionals from across the globe. The theme of this year’s conference is Caring for Every Patient, Learning From Every Patient.