Join us Thursday, April 27 from 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT for a live, interactive tweetchat with former AACE president, Yehuda Handelsman, MD, FACP, FACE, FNLA. Topics to be discussed include:
- The typical lipid profile in patients with diabetes and usual care for this population.
- What makes lipid management in patients with diabetes & heart disease particularly challenging.
- What differentiates lipid management in patients with diabetes but no heart disease from management in patients with heart disease but no diabetes.
- The most controversial topics surrounding lipid management in patients with diabetes & heart disease.
- Optimal treatment for managing dyslipidemia in patients with diabetes.
- The biggest obstacles clinicians face in providing lipid management to patients with diabetes & heart disease.
- How these obstacles can be overcome: what works, what doesn’t.
- How the latest AACE lipid guidelines define “extreme risk”.
- The goals of treatment for patients with extreme risk.
- How clinicians can learn more about lipid management in patients with diabetes and heart disease.
- Why it is important to have a special conference dedicated to the heart in diabetes.
How to Join the Chat
- Log into your Twitter account. Don’t have an account? Where have you been?! Just kidding, we don’t judge, but you should get one! It’s easy to create, and free. You’ll be glad you did.
- A couple minutes before 9:00pm ET on April 27, Search Twitter (top right of every Twitter page) for #PWChat.
- On the search results page, click LATEST at the top left. This will show you all the latest tweets using the #PWChat hashtag. The page will automatically update every couple minutes, letting you know how many new tweets there are using the #PWChat hashtag.
- Answer questions, reply to other’s comments, or make a comment of your own as much and as often as you like. Just make sure to leave room in include #PWChat to make sure what you tweet is included in the chat. Otherwise, it won’t be seen.
Dr. Handelsman is a former president of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, an endocrinologist in private practice, and the medical director and principal investigator of the Metabolic Institute of America.
Dr. Handelsman is also the co-chair of the 1st Annual HEART iN DIABETES conference, being held July 14-16 in Philadelphia. The meeting focuses on where the heart, kidney, and diabetes meet in clinical practice.
Additionally, Dr. Handelsman will chair the 15th annual World Congress on Insulin Resistance, Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease, being held Nov. 30 – Dec. 2 in Los Angeles. The meeting is the premiere global meeting dedicated to diabetes, obesity, lipids, cardiovascular disease, and energy balance, linking basic research to clinical practice