WEDNESDAY, Oct. 7, 2020 (HealthDay News) — A boil-water notice prompted by a boy’s death from brain-eating amoeba has been lifted in Lake Jackson, Texas.

The notice was lifted Tuesday after disinfectant levels in the drinking water were documented to be above the state requirements, according to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, the Associated Press reported.

The commission also said that water samples tested negative for dangerous bacteria.

However, the commission continued to caution city water users to avoid getting water up their noses to reduce the risk for infection by the brain-eating microbe Naegleria fowleri, the AP reported.

AP News Article

Copyright © 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.